Interior Design starts and ends with a Professional Painter Decorator
When someone talks about why it is important engaging a professional trades person to undertake work on your home you need to consider a number of factors. The reality though when considering a room and how it works the one thing that always brings everything together is the decoration. Interior designers will typically work with a blank canvas building or buying furnishings to create an overall affect and ensuring that the blend and contrasts with the colour scheme works.
The last part of the above is the colour scheme and the fact the room is built around that. The reality in most people homes is the fact the fixtures, furnishings and furniture are not replaced when a room is decorated but the principle of the paint, wallpaper, colour, maximising light and the need to pull together all aspects of the room comes back to having the right painting and decorating in the room. So the reality is that for interior design it starts with Painting and Decorating and for most projects retaining the interior fixtures and fittings it ends with painting and decorating.
Consider the following:
- The correct paint will provide light and affect to create ambience and purpose.
- The main purpose of the room will dictate the paint type and this will be different for a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, living room, hall, etc. As each room has a purpose the correct paint will often be different based on the planned use.
- The correct application of paint or wallpaper will ensure focal points are created or areas of the room are brought together.
- Furniture can be given a new lease of life when professionally hand painted.
- Skirting, dado rails, windows and panelling can and be stained, varnished or painted to compliment walls and ceilings.
- Paint effects, rolling, sponging, ragging and brush application whether large, small hard or soft bristles.
- Experience of many projects and what can be achieved.
- Interior designers engage professional painters and decorators to do the work.
Borthwick Decorators will provide a free no obligation consultation on your interior design requirements with experience across Scotland with teams working in modern and traditional homes in Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Perth.
Before engaging an Interior Designer consider the changes and impact that can be implemented by a professional painter and decorator, like Borthwick Decorators, at a fraction of the overall cost.